Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Friday, September 18, 2009

It's not easy being green...
























Sunny day here in FL and as I sat outside watching the dogs roll in the grass my mind wandered...
While I am easily inspired by all things that surround me in my little world I must at times go out and wander about taking in others drawings, paintings, reading a good book, well written blog, watching a well made movie and of course eating a delicious meal. I know that many just do not view food, cooking the same way....it is both a science and an art.

Inspiration is indeed all around us....but sometimes it does seem unattainable....there, floating right in front of you but for some reason you just cannot grab hold...many of us have the ability to chase it down...still, there are those times it manages to elude you. You know your in trouble when you look around and nothing seems to inspire you...it happens to many at some point.

What some call "goofing" off, I call sparking my creativity. To take in a painting that is vibrant, colorful...that speaks to me... actually rejuvenates me from within...it excites me...drives me to get into my studio.
Nature does play a huge role for one just has to look out their window to see the ever changing light....the light can change the look, appearance, texture of everything.

Living the life of an artist can be difficult, especially if one is having to earn a living at it.
Something the majority of artists aspire to. You must be a brave soul to wander into those turbulent waters.
The marketing end of it can literally deplete one's creativity. So many articles, books written on how to succeed at being an artist.
The simple fact of the matter...many of the best artists are not well known...have never had their work hung in a gallery,'sang on Broadway etc. It is blamed on the fact that they are not driven enough....not skilled enough in marketing...when sometimes it is as simple as having been in the right place at the right time.

I have been told I have an artists temperament...
While I "force"...train myself to work at my creativity on a daily basis to earn my living on doing the same thing day in and day out, well I burn out pretty quickly. I just cannot create commissioned portraits, be a photographer....that is why so many artists are always experimenting with a new medium, new techniques...one needs to keep the fuel burning.

Kermit the frog had it right....it's not easy being green. For the artist, well we are "differant" for we must see what others do not...we must hone our craft on a daily basis....we must stop and "smell the flowers"...something I recommend to all.

I happen to be a tiny fish in a huge pond....lucky enough to have not gotten eaten up ;-) I sell some work, a few commissions. Every artist wonders if they are good enough...always striving to be better...
Always following the light that is ever changing!

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails