Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Monday, September 28, 2009

I hold out my hands and wonder...


























I hold out my hands and wonder...
am I the pain....
or am I in pain?
Day in, day out....
it is there, unrelenting...

Not to be dismissed, forgotten...
Present, angry, red, hot to the touch
inflamed.

I feel spastic, inapt as I fumble about....
with each passing day the simplest of chores
now such difficult tasks.

The feel of my camera,
always so comfortable.
now foreign, heavy, hurtful object in my hands.

The simple joy of tossing a ball...
giving ear scritches, belly and butt rubs
are less and less....
Easy are the dogs to please and so accepting...
kick ball is just as good as are hugs and kisses.

These days, easy to loose myself to the pain...
just let go....give in....give up....
Still, I hold out my hands and wonder...

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails