Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Art...or Not...

I have been wondering...just why is digital art looked upon as the ugly step child in the art world? While my venture into the art world is new...having just began my art journey a few years ago (almost 50 to boot)....and I am a self taught artist...oh yes....I can hear the moans and groans....I mean really just what is art and what makes an artist...or how to become an artist??

One day while working on a photograph in Photoshop I was very frustrated and remembered I had gotten Corel Painter bundled with some software...yep for free. I loaded it onto the PC and started playing and boy was I hooked. I was not at all into art during my younger years in school. Sort of backwards I guess for most people getting into Painter have an art background. I am now just developing a curiosity about other mediums. While I really do not think most think of Digital Art in a bad light....each year it is getting more and more popular.....a very good thing indeed ;-)

The painting of the day is called Beach House and it is a very quick little digital painting....tomorrow back to pastels.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails