Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple & fresh...












Cooking for One

What's on Dee's plate...

I love BLT sandwich with a cup of tomato soup on the side.
One of those meals I do not make too often...though really one of my favorites. Cooking for one, well one would be so tempted to just open a can of tomato soup....but let me suggest making homemade. Yes, I know the convenience of just opening the can...oh but the taste will indeed have you sold on homemade....I promise.

You would be surprised at just how easy it is to make your own...simple ingredients that most already have on hand. I used canned whole tomatoes, though you can also used crushed and when in season fresh ripe tomatos. I set the oven temp at 450, drain the tomatoes saving the liquid. Place tomatoes on a pan, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper...roast away (make sure you turn your exhaust vent on for this).
Today I just roasted Tomatoes but there are those times when I also roast a green pepper...whatever your personal tastes are.

You will need a small carrot, celery, onion and garlic...diced. Saute in a little olive oil 'til softened.
Add your roasted tomatoes along with the saved tomato juice and diced veggie to a blender (this is when I always think it would be great to have a hand held immersion blender). Add mixture to pot along with a little chicken broth....cook for about fifteen minutes. Mean while cook your bacon, slice your tomato, mix your mayo and avocado together, toast your bread in the oven, then melt the cheese one slice of the bread. Now, add a little cream to the soup...arrange your BLT, pour your soup into a mug and enjoy!!!



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails