Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Monday, February 8, 2010

These are the days....




Living with Lupus and RA does indeed have it's daily challenges. It took me a very long time to not be so hard on myself for not getting to all that I would like to accomplish in a day. The interesting thing....I have illusions of grandeur when planing what needs to be done (my inner Superwoman, get it all done). Funny...I do not know of one individual that could get it all done well. I have learned to adapt, change the plans...be somewhat flexible.
So, on a day that started where I thought all would actually get accomplished...it changed mid morning.

Walks and then grooming of the pack was first up. All dogs brushed, then I looked at Niki and decided rather then just a brushing she really needed a new "do". Clippers came out and I shaved her down with a seven blade...followed by a bath...by now my hands were a bit sore. Knowing her new do would have to wait for another day...she will have to run around looking like a miniature Clydesdale for trimming up to finish has to wait for me to have the ability to hold onto a pair of shears.

Here in N. FL spring is indeed on it's way, though if you were to ask this to some of the long term residents they would share with you just how very cold it has been. On this day where my list changed mid day....the sun shining, a cool breeze in the air I thought it to be a beautiful day...one in which the pack and I spent the afternoon taking in the sites and sounds of our yard, just hanging out.

Yes, these are the days...while it did not go exactly as planned...I could not think of a better way to have spent it!
I wonder...just how many of us are flexible when our plans change? How many of us actually have the ability to take the time that is needed for body, mind and soul. I would think those of us that share our lives with pets learn to just "be"....we have wonderful teachers!
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails