Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lifes little surprises...



The flower offered of itself
And eloquently spoke Of Gods
In languages of rainbows
Perfumes and secret silence...
~Phillip Pulfrey


Every day we pass some of the most amazing little surprises that if only we took a moment or two...well I can only imagine the smiles that would be on our faces.

The above image "Stand Tall" was just a walk to my mailbox....I carry my camera with me...no rush for no doubt nothing but bills and junk mail await me.

Back in Atlanta the day lilies bloom most of the summer where as here, it seems they just started blooming a few weeks ago....maybe because they are getting much needed watering a few times a week and of course they were fed when I moved in.

I have so many day lilies and tiger lilies back in Atlanta that come fall some will be cut in half and brought to the home here in FL. While the plants already here are lovely....there is no story, no connection to them for I did not plant them.

Most of the plants in Atlanta were grown by my Mother and Father in law. My father in law dug up, cut and brought to us....lot's of love in those plants and while they belong to the house in Atlanta I have great hopes once sold the new family that take up residence will care for them. Because of the connection to these plants we need to take some of them home with us ;-)






"Passing By"
As I was returning to the house from my daily stroll to collect the mail....I paused near the day lilies and this was the first image taken. Not what I had intended and not the composition I wanted but instead....a nice little surprise of a visitor passing by.




"Boxing Lesson"...

Is just proof that if you have camera in hand those surprise moments in time can indeed be captured. This was not the shot I had wanted, but one in which I look at and smile:-)

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails