Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cheeeeeese Cake....



The Holiday season is here...ready or not here it comes.
This year I will be hosting Thanksgiving...I am indeed a smart host!
I know there is no way I can cook and make all guests happy so I tell them to bring their most favorite dish, one in which they just cannot do without. Me, I am in charge of the Turkey/ stuffing, whipped potatoes and two deserts...one being Pumpkin Cheesecake.

I find cheesecake to be one of the simplest deserts to make....yes, you can purchase one, but homemade is really the best. Over the last twenty some odd years I have cooked with a gas stove, now I have electric...not liking it too much. I much prefer gas. Due to the series of little accidents that ocured a few weeks back when making a cheese cake for my sister I thought I best to do a test run on the pumpkin cheesecake.




Several things to remember when making a cheesecake....ingredients are best at room temperature....moisture, one of the most important things to consider. I place a pie dish on the bottom shelf of the oven and fill with hot water. The cake bakes on the middle shelf at about 350 for about 30 minutes, then I turn it down to 325. This cheesecake I did a sour cream topping...when the cheesecake was almost done baking, I remove to pour on the sour cream mixture and bake a few more minutes to set. it is removed...the center should be a bit jiggly, if not it is overcooked. Letting it cool with aluminum foil resting on the top of the pan (keeping the moisture in).Once cool cover and place in the refrigerator for about 8 hours or so.

I was the taste tester this morning...yes...what a burden ;-)
Since there was no one here to join me, the remainder of the cake was frozen....cheese cake freezes well for up to a month.


A very off day...




We all have those days...you know, you over sleep...and then from there things just are a bit off. So too do our dogs have an off day every now and again....of course it could very well be that we set the tone for their day.

So, my video shows the pack and I just not on the same page...dogs forgetting commands, not really wanting to play....just a bit off. Those are the days you just simply smile...tomorrow is another day ;-)
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails