Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweet

Dee Gordon's Fan Box

Dee Gordon on Facebook

Followers

Become fans of Rocky and Bailey for everyone needs a little R & B in their life!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10 Steps Forward...



Twenty steps back...just how it goes with RA and Lupus.

Almost a week and a half ago I went to see a hand surgeon....two injections, one in each wrist (OUCH). Indeed, both hands look better...and feel a little better, though still painful. At least I can wash my hair without experiencing excruciating jolts of pain radiating from my hands up my forearm....improvements made.
Typing for too long, well not a good idea. The dogs, they have looked better....though I am sure they do not at all mind the fact that their daily grooming sessions have been on hold. All four are in need of pedicures...so the next few days I will be doing my best to get to each dog.

I so look forward to when I can again hold my camera with minimal to no pain....not to mention taking the dogs for a walk and our favorite....beach runs.
Poor Bailey...training with distractions must resume....at this point it is a do over. Starting over with training...most will be a refresher course for him, that is without distractions. Just in time for the cooler weather....good for both of us!
We are keeping our fingers and paws crossed, hoping we are starting our 10 steps forward...again!




The above ingredients was for a meal I prepared Friday evening. My sister was coming for a visit and during previous visits I had promised this meal to only have something come up causing a change of plans last minute.

So, the menu....Chicken and Dumplings and a cheese cake for desert (made with mascarpone cheese and chocolate wafer crust.
Comfort foods....delicious.
My experiment with the pressure cooker and cheese cake did not go well....it is a wonderful idea and I will continue experimenting with the time and temp til perfect!
It was not a big deal for I was prepared and had the oven on and ready just in case.

It cooked in the pressure cooker, then in a water bath in the oven for when it was removed from the pressure cooker it was very liquid still....then I removed it from the oven to cool and was going to place in the refrigerator over night. Well....I just was not paying attention and before placing in the frig I undid the spring pan....Never do that for it must chill in the pan!!!!

Still, I thought, ok, not a biggie I'll just pop it in the frig....as I turned, for whatever reason Niki came in the kitchen and was standing there...in my attempt to avoid stepping on her, tripping over her....bad hands, cheese cake out of the spring pan....well half of it slid onto the dog, then floor. Though not as pretty as it should have been, only half a cake....it was very good ;-)
Oh....and Niki gave the cake two paws up, Donna gave it two thumbs ;-)



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gone but Never Forgotten

Gone but Never Forgotten
Related Posts with Thumbnails